On the (almost) eve of free agency
It’s a tad late (sorry!), but our Free-Agency Eve show has arrived. If you missed our free-agency preview series, they live here (offense and defense), but know that we don’t forgive you for missing them. We’ll be back with a rapid reaction show on Friday, and then our regular show when we calm down and our respective blood pressures return to normal on Monday.
Subscribe to The MMQB: 10 Things Podcast and it will be waiting in your feed first thing Monday morning most weeks and your friends and loved ones will be overly impressed. (For non-subscribers, there is sometimes a lag.) This week’s show...
Andy and I at our socialest on media. Say hi, offer up constructive criticism, or send a question that we'll try to answer on the show. The mailbag will be on Mondays throughout the offseason, and as always we’ll answer as many questions as humanly possible:
Thanks for listening, you are the best, and please leave a review on iTunes if you like the show!
This week’s show:
• If Kirk Cousins does return to Washington, what will he have to work with? — 1:48
• Is Brandin Cooks really worth a first rounder? — 7:08
• The Cardinals get married to Jermaine Gresham (not literally) — 11:33
• If tight ends and safeties are going to start getting paid, which positions are going to start losing money? — 13:55
• Mike Glennon is gonna get $14-15 million per year?!?!?!?!?!?! — 19:11
• What’s the value in the stuff they do at the combine? Also, why Andy should listen to and review either Radiohead or Pink Floyd — 21:36
• Why don’t teams way below the cap offer to take on other teams’ bad contracts in salary dumps? — 26:08
• What are the traits you look for in a press corner versus an off or zone corner? — 29:24
• Why don’t teams try a 7-footer as a red-zone pass-catcher — 31:28
• The Jets should tank this year. Why don’t the Jets or other teams tank? — 36:11