Mailbag: On QB Development, Patriots Hall of Famers, Sproles-Sized Pass Rushers
Another madcap mailbag, including plenty of football knowledge crammed down your throat.
Subscribe to The MMQB: 10 Things Podcast, and it will be in your feed first thing Monday morning, making you instantly more attractive to whomever you’d like to attract. (For non-subscribers, there is sometimes a lag.) This week’s show...
We’re doing everything we can to bring back the mailbag as a weekly staple. So follow us, and send questions, comments and ice-cold taunts. We’ll answer as many questions as humanly possible:
Thanks for listening, you are the best, and please leave a review on iTunes if you like the show!
This week’s show:
• Shouldn’t college coaches be responsible for better preparing their quarterbacks for the NFL? — 1:41
• Why the lack of Belichick era Patriots in the Hall of Fame? — 11:11
• What would your philosophical approach to free agency be? — 20:04
• Why do athletic freaks get drafted ahead of high-character guys, when the high-character guys usually pan out better? — 26:02
• If offenses can get defenses to tip their hand by flexing a fullback out wide, can defenses counter by playing zone out of a man set-up, or vice versa? — 29:22
• How has the new CBA practice rules affected teams? — 32:35
• Are, like, Belichick’s former assistants going around the AFC sabotaging other teams by acquiring terrible quarterbacks? — 35:42
• How does Jimme Ward fit at free safety? — 41:40
• In light of the 7-footer as a red zone receiving threat question, how about a Darren Sproles-sized guy as a pass-rush specialist? — 43:20