This is my college basketball wish list for the 2008 holiday season. I know you are a college hoops fan because you gave me a
• A family dinner with Oregon State coach
• A victory for NJIT. You can make that happen, right Santa? The Hilltoppers have lost 42 straight games. When they finally win one, there's going to be a hell of a party in Newark.
• One night out at a bar with Loyola (Md.) coach
• A pep talk from legendary UCLA coach
• A trip to an all-you-can-eat buffet with Memphis forward
• A national championship for North Carolina forward
• The services of San Diego attorney
• This last one is going to be tough, but it would really mean a lot to me. I'd like to be
Thanks, Santa. If you want to throw in Final Four tickets, feel free, but there's no obligation. Detroit in early April sounds as fun as visiting the Anne Frank house on hallucinogens. You're the best.
Shoot hoops, not guns,
Jacob E. Osterhout