Non-trades bigger than trades
Some random thoughts on the fly -- Toronto to Detroit, if I recall my itinerary -- on the record-setting, yawn-inducing 2010 NHL trade deadline:
• Without the "thunderclouds" as Toronto Maple Leafs general manager
• Calgary is now officially Toronto West. After the
• Boston GM
• The playoff teams that seemed to need goaltending -- Philadelphia, Washington and Chicago -- did not address those needs. With
• Like Macy's swapping dry goods with Gimbel's, the Edmonton Oilers deigned to make a trade with the Calgary Flames, their bitter provincial rivals.
• The Phoenix Coyotes, wards of the NHL, added five players. If the Coyotes win the Stanley Cup, will Commissioner