• "I Wasn't A Normal Person"By Sandy Keenan, October 14, 1985Severe depression nearly destroyed Brad Cochran of Michigan.
• Back On The BallBy Tim Layden, November 19, 2001After taking a year off to deal with depression, North Carolina's Nikki Teasley promises to be as flamboyant as ever -- and more effective.
• Prisoners Of DepressionBy L. Jon Wertheim, September 8, 2003Mental illness still carries a powerful stigma in pro sports, but there are signs that teams are finally facing the problem and trying to help troubled athletes.
• Getting A Second WindBy Rick Reilly, September 3, 2007One day five years ago bubbly, gorgeous soccer goalie Korinne Shroyer came home from eighth grade, found her father's revolver in his closet and fired a bullet into her skull. This is about the lives she saved doing it.
• Happy In Her WorldBy Kelli Anderson, June 8, 2009Confident and relaxed heading into her second comeback as a pro, Chamique Holdsclaw opens up on her battle with depression and says, at 31, she feels like a rookie again.
• A Young Man's Fall To GraceBy Selena Roberts, May 17, 2010There was no ledge beneath the window of his apartment, nine stories up. No concrete place for 18-year-old Jordan Burnham to stand even for an instant and sort through the chaos in his mind.
You May Like
More More Sports
Sign Up for our Newsletter
Don't get stuck on the sidelines! Sign up to get exclusives, daily highlights, analysis and more—delivered right to your inbox!