• Stephen Strasburg Is Ready To Bring ItBy Lee Jenkins, March 30, 2009Out-of-shape and overlooked coming out of high school, the San Diego State righthander now throws triple-digit heat to go with pinpoint control, making him the likely first pick in June.
• Strasburg vs. Nats is shaping up as biggest battle in draft historyBy Jon Heyman, June 8, 2009A Washington Nationals official pretended on Sunday not to know a thing about Stephen Strasburg, the San Diego State pitching phenom who's expected to go first to the Nats in Tuesday's draft. "What's Tuesday? Who's Strasburg?'' he said, feigning ignorance.
• Strasburg signing brings a rare feeling of optimism to D.C.By Ted Keith, August 18, 2009Now that Stephen Strasburg has agreed to a four-year contract worth more than $15 million, for the first time in the Nationals brief history, there is considerable cause for optimism.
• Top 10 for '10: What I'm most looking forward to this seasonBy Tom Verducci, March 31, 2010A new year brings new storylines. It's much of the magic of Opening Day -- the anticipation of what is to come, like the first page of a good book or the clackety-clack slow climb of a roller coaster up the first hill. When it comes to the baseball storylines I most eagerly await this year, here are my favorites: the top 10 for '10:
• What Took You So Long?By Joe Posnanski, June 7, 2010A year after he was the No. 1 pick, Stephen Strasburg is ready to join the Show. Memo to those who think he can't possibly live up to the hype: Wait till you see him pitch.
• After just one start, Nats' Stephen Strasburg is game's biggest drawBy Tom Verducci, June 11, 2010With one start Stephen Strasburg gave baseball something it has needed for years: a national drawing card.
You May Like
Sign Up for our Newsletter
Don't get stuck on the sidelines! Sign up to get exclusives, daily highlights, analysis and more—delivered right to your inbox!