Postcard from camp: Bucs
At One Buc Place, the team's training facility in Tampa. Due to me having to be in New York by 3 p.m. for NBC
1. The Bucs have a serious youth movement going on, and nowhere is it more noticeable than at wide receiver, where rookie
2. Three of the 80 men on the roster are 31 or older: defensive lineman
3. No question the Bucs will rise or fall on the right arm and leadership of
Well, when the most important new addition is a wide receiver who MIGHT be the fourth receiver when camp breaks (former Eagle
The flag. The ginormous flag. Outside the Bucs' offices and training complex is the biggest flag on a flagpole that I've ever seen. That's because it is -- at least the largest non-American flag on a flagpole in the country. It's 66 feet-by-115 feet, bright red with the same logo that adorns the Bucs helmets.
1. Asked Raheem Morris for the one guy America doesn't know now but will soon. "
2. Everyone here thinks Aqib Talib has turned the corner from being a personal liability for his temper and off-field problems. Why? He wants to be known as a shutdown cornerback, and he knows he won't be if he keeps doing the kind of things that got him on the wrong side of Morris. They had a well-publicized shouting match when the team was in London last year. He has top-corner talent, but we won't see it clearly until he becomes invisible off the field.
4. You can just tell by talking to people here that
5. Hard to think this team can win more than five games, and it could be downright disastrous if it opens the year 0-2 (Cleveland at home, at Carolina).