By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
• The New Orleans Pelicans waived guard Archie Goodwin, reports The Vertical's Shams Charania. Goodwin lasted less than two weeks with the team, playing in just three games.
• The Pelicans are close to adding Anthony Brown to replace Goodwin, reports ESPN's Marc Stein. Brown last played in the NBA for the Los Angeles Lakers and is currently in the D-League.
• The Dallas Mavericks could be without forward Chandler Parsons for up to two weeks, reports ESPN's Tim MacMahon. Parsons has a bone bruise in his left knee.
• The Mavs recently released forward Quincy Acy, but the Dallas Morning News reports that release might not be permanent. The move was only made because the Mavs were decimated by injuries at guard.
• The Houston Rockets are still having discussions with Donatas Motiejunas, reports ESPN's Calvin Watkins. Motiejunas was a restricted free agent, but he and the Rockets couldn't agree on a contract.
• The Detroit Pistons didn't play Stanley Johnson Saturday in a move designed to jumpstart the team's offense, reports the Detroit News.
• Gary Harris will miss at least a month with a foot injury, reports the Denver Post. However, the Denver Nuggets guard doesn't need surgery.