Fast Breaks: Ennis, Warriors, Gasol, Cook
Free agent guard Tyler Ennis has agreed to a two-year contract for the league minimum with the Los Angeles Lakers, according to a report from ESPN.
Ennis is a 6-foot-3 point guard and spent 22 games with the Lakers last season. The Lakers lost out on the Derrick Rose free agency sweepstakes, opening the door for Ennis. (Rose signed with Cleveland on Monday.)
The Lakers have a team option on the second year of the Ennis deal, ESPN reported.
Ennis, 22, averaged 4.3 points and 1.6 assists last season.
Here's more from around the NBA:
- The Golden State Warriors officially announced the signings of Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, Andre Iguodala, Shaun Livingston, Zaza Pachulia and David West, bringing back the core of their title team.
- The San Antonio Spurs officially announced the re-signing of free agent Pau Gasol on Monday. Gasol, 36, reportedly landed a three-year contract.
- The New Orleans Pelicans have waived guard Quinn Cook and swingman Axel Toupane, the team announced in a press release. Cook has spent extensive time in the NBA G-League with the Canton Charge.
- Forward Mike Muscala has officially re-signed with the Atlanta Hawks, according to the team.
- The Toronto Raptors have signed guard Lorenzo Brown to a two-way contract, the team announced Tuesday. Brown has both NBA and G-League experience.
- The Utah Jazz officially announced the signing of big man Joe Ingles, which most of us knew about but may have forgot.
- Former Charlotte Hornets guard Brian Roberts has signed a deal with Greek club Olympiacos, according to international reporter David Pick.