Hornets vs. Heat: Lineups, how to watch, pre-game notes
The Charlotte Hornets will play their first game inside the Spectrum Center on Wednesday, hosting the Miami Heat for a preseason clash.
Just one player has been ruled out for the Hornets, as second round draft pick Cody Martin is dealing with a right ankle sprain.
For the Heat, Jimmy Butler (illness), Goran Dragic (right knee), James Johnson (conditioning), Kelly Olynyk (right knee) and Justise Winslow (rest) are all out for Wednesday's contest.
TV: Fox Sports Southeast, NBA League Pass, or the live-stream on Hornets.com
Tip-off: 7:30 p.m. EST
For the Hornets: Terry Rozier, Dwayne Bacon, Nic Batum, Marvin Williams and Cody Zeller
- James Borrego said that Malik Monk will play vs. the Heat. He missed Saturday's game vs. Boston with a sore toe.
- Borrego said he would like to see Cody Zeller attempt four three-pointers a night. He went 0-of-4 behind the arc against the Celtics.
"Now we just need to see them go in," Borrego said. "I told him, ‘shoot the next one, shoot the next four, don’t look at me.’ And he will.”
- Borrego has also been impressed with both Cody and Caleb Martin so far, saying: "They’re just competitive kids. They just get after it. They’re not afraid of the moment – that’s the biggest thing, in general."
- Tonight's game will have a heavy Kentucky presence, as Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Malik Monk, PJ Washington, Tyler Herro and Bam Adebayo all played for John Calipari's Wildcats in college.
- Charlotte and Miami will play against each other four times in the regular season, with the first meeting coming on Nov. 25 in South Beach.