According to a report, every bid number reported for the Buffalo Bills so far is wrong. Sabres owner Terry Pegula, Donald Trump and Bon Jovi's Toronto-based group are all said to have submitted bids.
According to various reports, Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula reportedly bid $1.3 billion Tuesday on the Buffalo Bills, Jon Bon Jovi's Toronto-based group bid $1.2 billion, and Donald Trump bid $1 billion. But Tim Graham of the Buffalo News reports he's been told every bid number reported so far is wrong.
In the case of the alleged $1.2 billion bid, Graham said he was told the reported amount is "quite higher than reality."
LRT We aren't supposed to know the numbers. That's why you should be suspicious of anybody who reports a number. @Joe_Tauriello— Tim Graham (@ByTimGraham) July 31, 2014
What I know: It wasn't $1.3 billion. What I think: It probably was notably lower. RT @Coreyb3p Tim what are they saying about Pegulas bid?— Tim Graham (@ByTimGraham) July 31, 2014
Graham also notes that any bids that were submitted on Tuesday were non-binding, and that the best offers are still to come.
Pegula and Donald Trump have both been confirmed by Graham as bidders, and Graham has reported that they submitted notices-of-intent.
Trump recently said he thinks it is unlikely that he will win.
- Molly Geary