A Duke spokesman told Sports Illustrated's Pete Thamel on Wednesday that Michigan has not been in contact with coach David Cutcliffe about its head coaching opening.

By SI Wire
December 10, 2014

A Duke spokesman told Sports Illustrated's Pete Thamel on Wednesday that Michigan has not been in contact with coach David Cutcliffe about its head coaching opening.

On Tuesday night, an NFL.com report said Cutcliffe had been offered and turned down the Michigan job.

Michigan is seeking to replace Brady Hoke, who was fired after four seasons and a 31-20 record at the school. Various other candidates, including San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh, have been linked as a potential candidates for the position. Harbaugh, who played quarterback at Michigan, refused to answer questions about the job.

RICKMAN: Sizing up top 20 bowl games to watch

    "As a principle, I don't talk about any other job other than the one that I have," Harbaugh said this week. "I've answered this question many times, even recently. So you know exactly where my priorities are."

    Cutcliffe has been at Duke for the past seven seasons, compiling a 40-47 record and taking the team to three straight bowl appearances. In 14 seasons with the Blue Devils and Ole Miss, Cutcliffe, 60, has a 84–76 career record.

    - Scooby Axson

    You May Like