The Denver Broncos and Peyton Manning are reportedly discussing restructuring the quarterback's contract.

By SI Wire
February 25, 2015

The Denver Broncos and Peyton Manning are discussing restructuring the quarterback's contract, reports Mike Klis of The Denver Post.

Manning, 39 next month, is due a $19 million salary in both 2015 and 2016. He made $20 million in each of the past two seasons.

Earlier this month, new Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak said there was "no doubt" the team wants Manning back in 2015. No official announcement has been made about Manning's status, perhaps due in part to the contract discussions.

• MMQB: Predicting the top 15 draft picks

The Broncos did not formally interview any quarterback prospects at the NFL scouting combine last week, reports the Post. The Broncos have Brock Osweiler and Zac Dysert at quarterback behind Manning, if he returns.

Manning played the last month of the 2014 season with a quadriceps injury and is four seasons removed from a fourth neck surgery.

"No doubt I want him to be (our quarterback). I feel good about where we are right now. It's just time," Kubiak said earlier this month, according to the Post.

• Inglewood, Calif., city council approves plan for NFL stadium

Manning finished fourth in the NFL in passing yards with 4,727 last season, his third year with the Broncos. He was also second in passing touchdowns (39) and fourth in passer rating (101.5).

The Broncos went 12-4, winning the AFC West before losing to the Indianapolis Colts in the divisional playoffs.

Mike Fiammetta

You May Like