By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The New York Jets will host the Buffalo Bills in a crucial AFC East matchup on Thursday night, kicking off what should be another exciting week of NFL action. The Carolina Panthers, Cincinnati Bengals and New England Patriots are all still undefeated, marking the first time in NFL history that three teams are 8–0.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Indianapolis Colts announced that quarterback Andrew Luck will miss two to six weeks with a lacerated kidney and an abdominal tear.
• Chat Sports: Four potential fantasy replacements for Andrew Luck
• The NFL announced that former Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle has been suspended four games for violating the league’s personal conduct policy.
• Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford told Fox 2 Detroit that he hopes to stay with the franchise “for a long time,” despite reports that the team might trade him after the season.
• Cleveland Browns quarterback Josh McCown will start over Johnny Manziel on Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers if he’s healthy, reports Sean Wagner-McGough of CBS Sports.
• Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told 105.3 The Fan that quarterback Tony Romowill return next week against the Miami Dolphins. Romo has been out since Sept. 20 with a broken clavicle.
• The San Francisco 49ers announced they have released running back Pierre Thomas just one week after signing him.
• The Jets announced they have signed former Houston Texans kicker Randy Bullock. New York’s starting kicker, Nick Folk, was placed on IR with a quad injury.
• Chat Sports: Three teams with the most to prove this weekend
• The Patriots have signed guard Josh Kline to a two-year contract extension, reports ESPN’s Field Yates.
• New York’s attorney general determined daily fantasy sites qualify as online gambling, and has ordered them to stop accepting bets from residents of the state.