NFL rumors: Latest news from Super Bowl week on injuries and more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Super Bowl 50 is less than a week away, with both the Denver Broncos and Carolina Panthers arriving in San Francisco on Sunday and participating in “Super Bowl Opening Night” on Monday.
Check out the latest NFL news below.
• Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is telling friends that he will retire after the Super Bowl, reports NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
• Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis told reporters that he will play in the Super Bowl despite having a broken forearm.
• Panthers defensive end Jared Allen says he’s “100 percent ready to go” and will play through a foot injury in the Super Bowl.
• Broncos safety Darian Stewart also told reporters that he will play despite having a sprained knee.
• Former New York Giants and Oakland Raiders defensive end Justin Tuck announced his retirement from the NFL after 11 seasons.
• Former Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle was gambling on sports before he was cut this season, reports the Dallas Morning News’ Brandon George.