NFL free agency rumors: Latest news on teams and players
NFL free agency officially begins on Wednesday but there is plenty of news to catch up on before players are allowed to start signing contracts.
The Eagles have already made a splash with a pair of trades, but what about the rest of the league? Keep up with the latest buzz on which players could be headed where.
- The Browns are interested in Bengals receiver Marvin Jones, Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot reports.
- Running back Lamar Miller will not return to the Dolphins next season, according to Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel.
- Defensive tackle Nick Fairley, who played last season on a one-year deal with the Rams, is drawing interest from the Jets, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports.
- Pro Bowl center Alex Mack is being pursued by the Falcons and, to a lesser degree, the Jaguars, Bleacher Report’s Jason Cole reports.
- After six seasons with the Bengals, cornerback and kick returner Adam Jones is a free agent. Fox Sports’ Mike Garafolo lists the Dolphins, Vikings and Cowboys as possible landing spots. Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio reports that the Ravens are also interested. Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot reports that the Browns are another potential suitor.
- Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that the Raiders have been unable to work out a deal with left tackle Donald Penn and could pursue Ravens tackle Kelechi Osemele as a replacement. The Raiders are the “favorites” to land Osemele, Garafolo reports, and would pay him over $10 million annually.
- Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, whether Brandon Marshall likes it or not, could be an option for the Rams, Vincent Bonsignore of the Los Angeles Daily News reports.
- The Cardinals are “shopping” defensive end Calais Campbell, Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel reports.
- Bears linebacker Shea McClellin and Buccaneers safety Chris Conte are both drawing interest from several teams, NFL Network’s Rand Getlin reports.
- The Texans want to re-sign cornerback A.J. Bouye, Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports.
- Seven teams talked to Jets running back Chris Ivory, Wilson reports.