NFL rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
As NFL teams await the start to training camps, they are also mourning the loss of legendary coach Buddy Ryan, who passed away early Tuesday at the age of 82. Ryan was the defensive coordinator for the 1985 Chicago Bears, which was considered one of the best defensive teams of all time.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Johnny Manziel’s spokeswoman, Denise C. Michaels, announced that Bob Hinton, Manziel’s lawyer, has withdrawn from the domestic violence case against him. Hinton’s resignation comes after he accidentally texted the Associated Press on Friday expressing doubt about the quarterback’s ability to stay clean.
• The NFL plans to interview Peyton Manning as part of their investigation into the Al-Jazeera report of PED use, reports the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport. Manning was named in the report along with Julius Peppers, Clay Matthews, Mike Neal and James Harrison, among other athletes.
• The NFLPA released a statement questioning the evidence the NFL has to support an investigation of those five players.
• Jacksonville Jaguars linebacker Dan Skuta has been arrested and charged with misdemeanor battery. The charge emanates from the June 19 incident in which Skuta allegedly pushed a woman’s face into a glass window after she wouldn’t give him her phone number.
• The New Orleans Saints announced that they still plan to hold training camp at the Greenbrier resort in West Virginia despite the recent flooding in the area that has proved to be deadly and destructive.
• Denver Broncos general manager John Elway responded to a recent Instagram posted by linebacker Von Miller that cropped Elway out of the post. Elway answered the TMZ reporter’s question by saying “you know what, that’s too bad.”
• The NFL is donating $10 million to sexual violence prevention groups, reports USA Today’s Lindsay Jones.