NFL rumors: Week 11 news on injuries, suspensions, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Week 11 of the season kicks off on Thursday with the Carolina Panthers preparing to play host to the New Orleans Saints. However, much of the focus this weekend will be centered on the Los Angeles Rams, as No. 1 pick Jared Goff will make his first start Sunday against the Miami Dolphins.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Seattle Seahawks announced they have waived running back Christine Michael. Michael was then claimed by the Green Bay Packers.
• Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo said that Dak Prescott has "earned the right" to be the Cowboys starter and that he will accept his role as the backup.
• The Denver Broncos gave quarterback Trevor Siemian the day off on Tuesday to rest his sore left shoulder, reports Mike Klis of KUSA.
• Cleveland Browns quarterback Robert Griffin III has been cleared for non-contact activity, reports ESPN's Josina Anderson. Griffin has been out since fracturing his shoulder in Week 1.
• Pittsburgh Steelers defensive lineman Cameron Heyward announced that he will miss the rest of the season with a torn pectoral muscle.
• Rams defensive end Robert Quinn was released from the hospital on Tuesday, reports NFL.com. Quinn admitted himself on Monday with a non-football related illness.
• Oklahoma Sooners defensive tackle Charles Walker is leaving the team in order to focus on preparing for the 2017 NFL Draft, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.