The latest news and rumors from the NBA regular season.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Golden State Warriors held onto first place in the Western Conference on Wednesday with a 115–98 blowout victory over the Los Angeles Clippers. They'll try to become the first team to hit the 20-win plateau on the season against the Utah Jazz on Thursday.
Golden State is only a game ahead of the San Antonio Spurs in the standings, who can improve to 14–0 on the road this year with a win over the Chicago Bulls on Thursday
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Dallas Mavericks are preparing to strongly pursue Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins in free agency in 2018, reports ESPN's Tim MacMahon.
• The Cleveland Cavaliers are looking to trade for a backup point guard in the coming weeks, reports Joe Vardon of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer.
• New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony was "visably annoyed" at team president Phil Jackson's comments about Anthony being a ball hog, reports ESPN's Ian Begley.
• The Houston Rockets are still contemplating on whether or not they will pull forward Donatas Motiejunas' offer sheet after he failed to show up for his physical, reports ESPN's Calvin Watkins.
• Atlanta Hawks forward Kent Bazemore missed Wednesday's win over the Miami Heat and will miss another game with knee soreness, reports Kurt Helin of Pro Basketball Talk.
• Heat forward Chris Bosh isn't expected to attempt an NBA comeback until next season, reports Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald.
• The Mavericks held a team meeting after their 120-89 home loss to the Kings on Wednesday, reports MacMahon. Dallas dropped to 4-17 on the season with the loss, which is the second worst record in the league.