2017 NFL draft trades: Tracking every deal
As the 2017 NFL draft wears on and the deals for picks and players begin to fly, we’ll be tracking every move here.
Here are the deals from draft night as they took place:
• Chicago dealt the No. 3 pick, their third round pick (No. 67), one of their fourth round picks (No. 111) and a 2018 third-round pick to San Francisco to move up and take North Carolina quarterback Mitchell Trubisky.
• Kansas City traded up with Buffalo to get the No. 10 pick and select Texas Tech quarterback Patrick Mahomes, sending Nos. 27, 29 and a 2018 first-rounder in exchange.
• Houston traded up to No. 12 to select Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson, dealing with Cleveland to move up from No. 25. The Browns acquired pick No. 25 and Houston’s 2018 first-rounder in the deal.
• Atlanta traded with Seattle to move up to No. 26 and select UCLA edge defender Takk McKinley. The Falcons swapped first-rounders (No. 31) and also sent a third rounder and a seventh rounder in this year’s draft to the Seahawks.
• Cleveland traded to acquire another first-rounder and draft tight end David Njoku, sending picks No. 33 and 108 for No. 29 in a trade with Green Bay.
• San Francisco moved up into Seattle’s spot at No. 31 (just acquired in the Seahawks’ deal with Atlanta) to select linebacker Reuben Foster from Alabama.
• Minnesota moved up in the second round to draft Florida State running back Dalvin Cook. The Vikings received the 41st overall pick, and the Bengals received the 48th and 128th picks.
• The Cardinals gave the 45th, 119th, and 197th picks, plus a 2018 fourth-rounder, to the Bears for the 36th and 221st picks.
• The Bills traded the 75th, 148th and 156th picks to the Falcons for the 63rd pick.
Here are the deals that have led to first-round picks changing hands so far:
• The Saints received the Patriots’ No. 32 pick and pick No. 103 in return for wide receiver Brandin Cooks and New Orleans’s fourth-round pick, No. 118.
• The Eagles received the No. 14 pick from the Vikings in the trade that netted Minnesota Sam Bradford last September.
• The Browns received the No. 12 pick from the Eagles last year as part as the trade that moved Philadelphia up to No. 2 in the 2016 draft. As part of the same trade, the Eagles received pick No. 139, a fourth-round compensatory selection awarded to Cleveland.
• The Titans received the No. 5 pick and the No. 100 pick from the Rams in April 2016 as part of the trade that moved St. Louis up to the No. 1 pick to take Jared Goff that year.