Recipe from Sunset
Tangy, fruity tamarind, popular in Latino and Asian cuisines, is the secret ingredient in our favorite new barbecue sauce for chicken wings.
|1 hour||Serves 4|
- 2 3/4 pounds (12) chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Tamarind Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
- Sliced green onions
- 1. Heat a grill to medium (350° to 400°). In a large, wide bowl, toss chicken with oil, salt, and pepper until evenly seasoned. Grill chicken, covered, turning every 10 minutes or so with tongs, until golden, 25 to 35 minutes.
- 2. Set wings top side down. Generously brush with about 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. Grill, covered, about 3 minutes until sauce is somewhat set. Turn wings over and generously brush with another 1/2 cup or so of sauce. Grill, covered, until sauce is somewhat set, 2 to 3 more minutes. Meanwhile, put remaining sauce in a bowl.
- 3. Set chicken on a platter and scatter green onions on top. Serve with sauce.