Matt Forte out, Steven Jackson giving it a go: NFL Week 3 inactives/actives
Matt Forte is out after injuring his ankle in Week 2 against the Packers, leaving the Bears without their best offensive weapon. Who else is joining him on the sidelines this week? And which players are suiting up despite nagging injuries?
Here's a look at the key Week 3 actives and inactives:
• Austin Collie, WR, Colts (head): Collie's career looked like it might be in jeopardy after he suffered yet another concussion in the preseason. He'll get his first shot in the regular-season lineup on Sunday, providing Andrew Luck with another option in the passing game.
• Matt Forte, RB, Bears (ankle): Forte's injury, suffered last week against Green Bay, is not as serious as it first appeared, but he still will not be on the field Sunday against St. Louis. Michael Bush will get the start behind Jay Cutler.
• Pierre Garcon, WR, Redskins (foot): Garcon will miss his second consecutive game after injuring his foot in Week 1 against New Orleans. Eight different players caught passes from Robert Griffin III last week, including Leonard Hankerson and Aldrick Robinson, who should see more action again in Garcon's absence.
• Leon Hall, CB, Bengals (hip): With rookie Dre Kirkpatrick sidelined for several weeks, Hall's absence severely limits Cincinnati's options in the secondary. That could be a big advantage for RGIII, even with Garcon out.
• Brandon Jacobs, RB, 49ers (knee): Jacobs has yet to suit up after signing with the 49ers this offseason, and he won't break that dubious streak Sunday. The bulky running back has been slow coming back from a knee injury, so Frank Gore will continue to handle a heavy workload.
• Rashad Jennings, RB, Jaguars (knee): Jennings was considered doubtful for Week 3 after suffering an injury back in Week 1 -- he did not practice on Friady, so he was a long shot to suit up. Maurice Jones-Drew will get the bulk of the work for the Jaguars.
• Javon Ringer, RB, Titans (elbow): Another backup RB that won't be able to get on the field Sunday. Ringer has been dealing with a gruesome infection in his elbow -- an issue for Tennessee as Chris Johnson has struggled out of the gate yet again.
• Marques Colston, WR, Saints (foot): Colston was listed as questionable for this week, though the Saints never seemed to express much concern that he would miss the game. The 0-2 Saints need all hands on deck to get going after a tough start.
• Chris Houston, CB, Lions (ankle): The Lions' top cornerback (as well as their No. 2, Bill Bentley) will be back in the lineup against Tennessee, after missing the first two weeks of the season with an ankle injury. Detroit has been piecing together its secondary thus far, so Houston's return should provide a big boost.
• Steven Jackson, RB, Rams (groin): There were conflicting reports about Jackson's availability, even as late as Sunday morning. St. Louis' No. 1 running back went through the team's pregame workout, though, and declared himself ready to go against the Bears. • Dexter McCluster, WR, Chiefs (shoulder): McCluster will play, despite being listed as questionable on Friday. He has yet to really put up any big numbers, but his shiftiness and speed could come in handy against the Saints' struggling defense.