Aaron Hernandez back for Patriots: Week 6's late actives/inactives
We're keeping an eye on the key actives/inactives for Sunday's late games:
• Aaron Hernandez, TE, Patriots (ankle): Hernandez will make his long-awaited return to New England's lineup on Sunday in Seattle, giving Tom Brady a full complement of weapons. Hernandez has not played since Week 1.
• Hakeem Nicks (knee/foot): Nicks slowly worked his way into the mix during practice this week, then traveled with the Giants to San Francisco -- a good sign that he planned to play. And he will indeed take part in the rematch of last year's NFC title game.
• John Skelton, QB, Cardinals (ankle): Skelton is back in action for Arizona -- or at least back in uniform. Skelton will serve as the backup for Kevin Kolb on Sunday as he continues to bounce back from an ankly injury.
• Pierre Garcon, WR, Redskins (foot): Despite returning to the Redskins' lineup, Garcon has been unable to get his foot -- injured in Week 1 -- back to 100 percent. He'll sit out another game Sunday in an effort to get right.
• Todd Heap, TE, Cardinals (knee): Heap was listed as questionable this week, but he will miss his fourth consecutive game.
• Brandon Jacobs, RB, 49ers (knee): Jacobs will miss Sunday's game against his former team. He has been dealing with a knee injury but he did participate in practice this week, which gave him a shot to play.Jerome Simpson, WR, Vikings (leg):