What's the latest buzz as the NFL descends on Radio City Music Hall for the 2013 NFL Draft? Here are some of the rumors making the rounds in the final hours before Kansas City goes on the clock:
• Has Kansas City made its choice? An update from Charean Williams of the Fort-Worth Star Telegram:
Joeckel apparently has been told by KC that Fisher is their pick.— Charean Williams (@NFLCharean) April 25, 2013
• Tyler Eifert an option for Carolina: Will Eifert still be on the board when the Panthers pick at No. 14 overall? If he is, then the Panthers might grab the talented tight end, according to the Charlotte Observer.
• More Tavon Austin chatter:
• Raiders want to trade down, take D.J. Hayden?: Pro Football Talk reports that is the case, while also mentioning that many teams think Hayden's "game film and his medical file" are better than Alabama's Dee Milliner. Jason La Canfora pushed the Raiders-Hayden rumors even further, suggesting that Oakland might take the Houston CB at No. 3 overall.
• Eric Fisher, not Luke Joeckel, at No. 1 overall?: This one's been gaining steam over the past few days. ESPN's Ed Werder tossed another log on the first Thursday, with a report that "the growing sense" is that Fisher will be Kansas City's choice atop the draft. The Chiefs still appear to be working, too, on a trade that would send franchise-tagged tackle Branden Albert to Miami for a pick or two.
• Davone Bess trade could impact Day 3: Reports surfaced Wednesday night that the Dolphins were attempting to trade wide receiver Davone Bess for an extra draft pick. The Browns emerged as the front-runners. Now, Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports the Dolphins could receive a fourth-round pick from Cleveland in exchange for Bess and a late-round selection.
Source: The Browns have called again about Ryan Mallett. The Patriots want at least a second-round pick in return.— Jeff Howe (@jeffphowe) April 25, 2013
• Tavon Austin at No. 8?:
• 49ers plotting a move for Sheldon Richardson?: The 49ers are armed with a bevy of draft picks this year -- 13 in all -- and they might package a couple to jump from No. 31 and take Missouri DT Sheldon Richardson, per a report from Yahoo's Jason Cole.
• Bills GM says "now is the time" for team to draft a QB: Refreshingly honest comment or total smokescreen? We won't know until Thursday night, but Buffalo GM Buddy Nix told the team's official website that he plans to draft a quarterback.
• Eagles zeroing in on Lane Johnson?: The Eagles might have their pick of Johnson and either Eric Fisher or Luke Joeckel, should they opt to go OT at No. 4 overall. And it's starting to sound like they're leaning toward Johnson, according to Jeff McClane of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
• St. Louis looking to drop down?:
Rams' second-first round pick, No. 22 overall, clearly is for sale. STL looking to deal out of 22.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 25, 2013
Falcons eyeing a trade up?: who reports Bjoern Werner