Updated NFL draft 2014 order: Houston Texans in control of the No. 1 pick
Thanks to a staggering 10-game losing streak, the Houston Texans are now in full command of the projected top pick in the 2014 NFL draft. The Texans are the lone two-win team in the league, meaning they will secure that selection should they lose out.
The Jaguars and Buccaneers, who appeared to be headed toward picks No. 1 and 2 (in some order) through the first half of the season, have climbed the standings with recent hot streaks -- both teams have won three of four games.
The first tiebreaker for draft pick position is strength of schedule (SOS). Though those numbers change with each game, the current order below is based on where teams currently stand in that category.
Check back Tuesday for our updated 2014 Mock Draft.
(Updated after the Giants' win over Washington on Sunday night.)
1. Houston Texans (2-10)
3. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-9; current SOS: .538)
4. Atlanta Falcons (3-9; current SOS: .560)
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-9; current SOS: .592)
6. Minnesota Vikings (3-8-1)
7. Oakland Raiders (4-8; current SOS: .479)
8. Cleveland Browns (4-8; current SOS: .493)
9. Buffalo Bills (4-8; current SOS: .545)Jets