The Cardinals are 6-0 and heavily favored to improve to seven wins Sunday against the Houston Texans.
Houston enters at 1-5 and on a five-game losing skid since starting quarterback Tyrod Taylor went down with a hamstring injury.
With a win, the Cardinals could match the best start in team history at 7-0, but the players understood this week not to take any game lightly.
As it stands, the Cardinals are 20-point favorites at home, according to SI Sportsbook.
- The Texans won the toss and will defer.
- First play, first down. Kyler Murray to A.J. Green.
- Zach Ertz makes his first catch on the second play.
- The Cardinals punt after Murray gets sacked on second down by Maliek Collins.
- Cardinals force three-and-out on first defensive stand. Markus Golden had a sack on third down, his fifth of the year.
- Arizona's offense goes three-and-out after a bad snap from Max Garcia and another sack. Rough start up front for the Cardinals.
- SAFETY: Murray fails to get out of the end zone. 2-0 Houston.
- End of Q1: 2-0 Houston.
- Field goal Texans. 5-0 Houston.
- Murray is back in the game after being roughed up on the safety (which may have been a facemask).
- Cardinals pick up first downs to Ertz and DeAndre Hopkins. Ball across midfield.
- Cardinals get inside the 10-yard line. Doing better at utilizing run.
- Ertz gets a carry on a reverse play. He got down to the one. Initial call was a fumble, but that was overturned.
- TOUCHDOWN Cardinals. Murray finds Hopkins open at the goal line over the middle. That is Hopkins' first TD against his old team. 7-0 Cards.
- Cardinals CB Byron Murphy gets called for taunting
- FUMBLE: Golden with a strip sack and recovery. Cards ball.
- TOUCHDOWN Cardinals. Arizona takes advantage of the turnover and a huge third-down throw by Murray to Green. Murray then found Kirk in the end zone. 14-5 Cards.
- Cardinals will get the ball back with 1:35 left in the half.
- The Cardinals drove inside the red zone. Ball on the 17 with 22 ticks left.
- FIELD GOAL Cardinals. Matt Prater hits from 31 yards. 17-5 Cardinals.
- End of Q2, Cardinals lead 17-5
- TOUCHDOWN Cardinals. Murray finds Ertz for a 47-yard catch and run. That is Ertz's first Cardinals score. 24-5.
- INTERCEPTION Texans. Murray gets picked off for the first time since Week 3.
- End of Q3. 24-5 Cardinals.
- TOUCHDOWN Cardinals. Running back James Conner carries it in for 18 yards. 31-5 Cards.
- The Cardinals run out the clock and defeat the Texans 31-5.
Game day fits
Maxx Williams has to watch from home after suffering a knee injury two weeks ago. But, he's got the spirit of a game day.
Lawrence and Daniels are hurt, while Isabella and Streveler are healthy scratches.
Tight end-tight end love
Ertz is making his team debut Sunday.
The Green Bay Packers beat Washington 24-10 to improve to 6-1. They face Arizona on Thursday Night Football this coming week.