COSTA MESA – The Chargers began this week with a walk-through on Tuesday, something they've done late in the season to monitor load management. Therefore, the injury report is an estimation on behalf of the team.
Wide receiver Mike Williams (ankle) was the team's only player listed on the injury report who wasn't a full participant. Williams, instead, was labeled a non-participant.
“Mike is going through treatment right now," Chargers coach Brandon Staley said Tuesday. "We’re having a walk-through, so we’ll give you guys the injury report, but he is going to be doing treatment today. He is going to be day-to-day as the rest of the week goes on."
Edge rusher Joey Bosa (groin) was listed as a full participant. However, he was not on the injury report last week.
“Kind of like Justin [Herbert] last week — how you list a guy on the report, but they’re full [participation]. That’s just the nature of it," Staley said of Bosa's status.
The Jaguars had five players on the injury report, including quarterback Trevor Lawrence (toe), who was limited.
Chargers injury report
Did not participate:
- WR Mike Williams (back)
- OLB Joey Bosa (groin)
- CB Bryce Callahan (groin)
- FB Zander Horvath (ankle)
- LB Kenneth Murray (neck)
- LB Amen Ogbongbemiga (biceps)
- T Trey Pipkins (knee)
Jaguars injury report
Did not participate:
- LS Ross Matiscik (back)
- K Riley Patterson (knee)
- WR Jamal Agnew (shoulder)
- QB Trevor Lawrence (toe)
- G Brandon Scherff (abdomen)
*Get your Chargers tickets from SI Tickets by clicking here
Read more from Charger Report:
- Chargers Designate LT Rashawn Slater For Return From Injured Reserve, Open 21-Day Practice Window
- Chargers Playoff Preview Mailbag: Facing Trevor Lawrence, Rashawn Slater's Timeline and Emphasizing Ball Security
- Chargers WR Mike Williams Avoids Severe Back Injury, Expected to Play in Wild Card Game vs. Jaguars
- Chargers' Opponents For 2023 NFL Season Set
- Takeaways From Chargers' 31-28 Week 18 Loss to Broncos
Nick Cothrel is the publisher of Charger Report. Follow Nick on Twitter @NickCothrel for more Chargers coverage.