Giants 2019 Draft Pick Update
With the trade of Beckham, the Giants and Browns amended the terms of the trade they made last week that sent edge rusher Olivier Vernon to Cleveland for guard Kevin Zeitler.
Originally, that trade included the two players and the Giants sending one of their fourth-round picks to the Browns in exchange for one of Cleveland’s fifth round picks. That part o the trade has been removed.
Although the Vernon and Beckham trades were made at different times, the two teams appear to be treating both as one big transaction. So the final specifics of the deals, which will become official at 4:01 p.m. ET Wednesday, are as follows:
Cleveland Gets: Vernon, Beckham
Giants Get: Zeitler, S Jabril Peppers, Pick No. 17 and Pick No. 95
This mean the Giants now have 12 draft picks, tying them with the Patriots for the most picks ahead of next month’s draft.
Here is the Giants draft pick breakdown:
- Round 1: No. 6
- Round 1: No. 17 (from Cleveland – Beckham trade)
- Round 2: No. 37
- Round 3: No. 95 (from Cleveland – Beckham trade)
- Round 4: No. 108
- Round 4: No. 132 (from New Orleans – Eli Apple trade)
- Round 5: No. 142 (from Detroit via San Francisco –Damon Harrison trade)
- Round 5: No. 143
- Round 5: No. 171 (Compensatory pick)
- Round 6: No. 180
- Round 7: No. 232 (from Minnesota – Brett Jones trade)
- Round 7: No. 245 (from the Rams – Ogletree trade)
The Giants forfeited their original third round pick, which would have been No. 71 overall, due to their selection of cornerback Sam Beal in the supplemental draft.