Giants defensive back Logan Ryan is the team's nominee for the prestigious Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award.
Ryan, one of the most affable members of the team, is also one of the biggest influencers in the community. His numerous endeavors include the Ryan's Monthly Rescue and Ryan’s Animal Rescue Foundation (RARF), and Ryan Alternative Solutions Training (RAST).
He also collaborates with CARE (Community Animal Rescue Effort) and has joined forces with the Covenant House in Newark to support homeless youth through education, employment, and financial literacy.
“It's amazing,” Ryan said via a team-issued statement announcing his candidacy. “I knew when I came into this league that I wanted to give back, and that was always very important to me. It took time to figure out what my causes were going to be.
Giants Interview Bengals DC Lou Anarumo for Head Coaching Vacancy
The Giants have now interviewed half of their reported six head coaching candidates.
Giants Head Coaching Update: Dan Quinn, Brian Flores, Patrick Graham, Lou Anarumo on Team's Head Coaching Radar
A pair of NFC East defensive coordinators, Patrick Graham and Dan Quinn, and a surprising wild card candidate enter the Giants head coaching vacancy search. The latest.
Why Brian Daboll and Giants Would Make the Ideal Match
The Giants are interviewing five head coaching candidates, four from the defensive side of the ball and one from the offense. Here's why the offensive-minded head coach should have the advantage.
"It took time to figure out what was close to my heart, who to help, and how to help. It came organically. I felt like I’ve been doing good work for years. To be recognized, it's all about the timing and it’s amazing. This is a great organization. It means a lot to be nominated by this organization, it’s where I’m from, my hometown. It can’t get any better.”
The 30-year-old Ryan is a two-time Super Bowl winner, both with the New England Patriots, and is now in his second season with the Giants. He was voted a team captain by his peers, and he's widely respected throughout the organization by the coaches, staff, and his teammates.
If chosen as the winner, Ryan would become the second member of the Giants organization to win the honors, joining retired quarterback Eli Manning, who shared the award with Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald back in 2016.
Presented by Nationwide, the Man of the Year Award is named for former Chicago Bears running back Walter Payton, a Pro Football Hall of Famer who died in 1999. The award recognizes an NFL player for outstanding community service activities off the field and excellence on the field.
More from Giants Country
- Saquon Barkley Makes an Honest Admission
- How the New York Giants Can Salvage Its Sinking Offense the Rest of this Season
- NFC East Week 13 Wrap-up: Backup QBs Deliver for Eagles, WFT but Fail for Giants
- Daniel Jones Will Miss Game vs. Chargers
- New York Giants Sink in Weekly MMQB Power Rankings Poll
- Should Giants Exercise Daniel Jones's Fifth-year Option?
- Giants Head Coach Joe Judge Needs to be Honest with Fan Base
Join the Giants Country Community
- Sign up for our FREE digest newsletter
- Follow and like us on Facebook
- Submit your questions for our mailbag
- Listen and subscribe to the daily LockedOn Giants podcast.
- Subscribe and like the new LockedOn Giants YouTube Channel
- Sign up for our FREE message board forums
- Subscribe and like our YouTube Channel