Another new week, another injury-related blow for the Giants.
This time it will be receiver Sterling Shepard, who suffered a quad strain in Monday night's loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. Shepard is expected to miss some time with his injury, according to a source. (ESPN was first with the report.)
Shepard has already missed three games with hamstring issues in both legs. His latest ailment doesn't bode well for a Giants skill-position group that has been rocked hard by an assortment of injuries this season that has also affected running back Saquon Barkley (ankle), receiver Kenny Golladay (knee), receiver Kadarius Toney (ankle/hand), and tight end Evan Engram (calf).
Barkley and Golladay have already missed three games with their respective injuries. Toney missed one game, and Engram has missed two games.
Report: Giants WR Kadarius Toney Had Minor Off-season Knee Procedure
Receiver Kadarius Toney has been one of the Giants players sporting a red jersey in practice. According to a new report, we now know why.
New York Giants Mailbag: The Spring Football Edition
Let's check in with the readers to see what's on their minds.
How Kayvon Thibodeaux is Winning Over His Giants Teammates
Rookie edge rusher Kayvon Thibodeaux is a confident, larger-than-life personality who is quickly showing his new teammates he's a solid football--and team player.
The Giants could also be without receiver Dante Pettis, who injured his shoulder on his first punt return of the game last week. Pettis left the game after the injury, which came when he tried to recover a muffed punt and was quickly ruled out by the team.
Shepard has caught 32 of 43 passes for 324 yards and one touchdown this season. It's unclear how much time he potentially stands to miss, but the good news for Shepard and any of the other injured Giants is that they have a bye week coming up after their game Sunday against the Las Vegas Raiders.
In other news, the Giants re-signed receiver Alex Bachman to their practice squad to provide some additional depth. Bachman was with the team during the summer.
More from Giants Country
- NFL Responds to Giants' Concerns Regarding Headset Functionality
- Five Plays That Sunk the Giants' Hopes Against the Kansas City Chiefs
- Stats, Snap Counts, and Other Numbers from New York Giants’ Week 8 Loss to the Chiefs
- New York Giants Stand Pat as NFL Trade Deadline Passes
Join the Giants Country Community
- Sign up for our FREE digest newsletter
- Follow and like us on Facebook
- Submit your questions for our mailbag
- Listen and subscribe to the daily LockedOn Giants podcast.
- Subscribe and like the new LockedOn Giants YouTube Channel
- Sign up for our FREE message board forums
- Subscribe and like our YouTube Channel