The Lions won't have it easy when it comes to their 2021 schedule.
They, in fact, have the sixth-toughest '21 schedule in the league, as their 17 opponents went a combined 143-127-2 in 2020.
Detroit, led by first-year general manager Brad Holmes and head coach Dan Campbell, has embarked on a multi-year rebuild that was kicked off by the team's trade of Matthew Stafford to the L.A. Rams the week prior to Super Bowl LV.
The Lions, as currently constructed, are far away from reaching their first Super Bowl in franchise history, and are likely to win no more than five games for a third straight season.
The team's home opponents this year will be Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota, Arizona, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Cincinnati. Meanwhile, the organization's foes on the road will be Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota, Atlanta, Seattle, the Rams, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Denver.
The entire schedule for Holmes & Co., including when Detroit will play each opponent, will be revealed Wednesday at 8 p.m. EST on NFL Network.
Let's take a look now at some trends and William Hill Sportsbook odds for the Lions headed into the '21 campaign.
- 2020 record: 5-11 (6-9-1 against the spread)
- 2021 strength of schedule rank: Sixth (Opponents' combined winning percentage: .529)
- 2021 over/under win total: Five
- SportsLine's win projection: 5.5
- Odds to win Super Bowl LVI: +15000
- Odds to win NFC: +7500
- Odds to win NFC North: +2000
- Odds to make playoffs: No -900, yes +600
More from SI All Lions: