The NFL trade deadline is nearing and the Rams have just dipped their toes into making moves.
According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Rams are trading linebacker Kenny Young and a 2024 seventh-round pick to the Broncos for a 2024 sixth-round pick.
This move comes by surprise given how well Young has played this season. In seven games, he's totaled 46 tackles, six tackles for loss, two sacks, one forced fumble and one pass breakup.
Young was due $2.18 million this season, so the Rams will clear that off the books, which could also indicate that another move is soon to follow.
The Rams drafted linebacker Ernest Jones in the third round of the 2021 NFL Draft and this move will presumably allow the rookie more playing time.
Rams' Andrew Whitworth Named 2021 Walter Payton Man of the Year Nominee
The Walter Payton Man of the Year Award recognizes an NFL player for his excellence on and off the field, and Rams LT Andrew Whitworth exemplifies this honor.
Sean McVay Reveals His Vision For Using Brandon Powell at Kick Returner
The Rams may have fixed their issue at kick returner with the contributions Brandon Powell provides.
Rams Injury News: Updates on Brian Allen, Robert Rochell
Rams HC Sean McVay gave an injury update Monday on Brian Allen and Robert Rochell.
The Broncos will be Young's third team across three seasons, coming from the Baltimore Ravens prior to landing in L.A. three years ago.
Denver has encountered a surplus of injuries at linebacker so the move to acquire Young indicates an effort to fill the void.
More from Ram Digest:
- Sean McVay Says CB Robert Rochell Should 'be OK' Following Week 7 Injury
- 3 Key Adjustments the Rams Must Make Following Week 7 Game vs. Lions
- Quotes of Note: The Best From Rams' Week 7 Win Over Lions
- Watch: Sean McVay Delivers Postgame Victory Speech Following Win Over Lions
- Rams Top Lions 28-19 in Late-Game Thriller
- Jared Goff Reportedly Hung Up When Sean McVay Called About Offseason Trade
- Rams Release Tribute Video for Jared Goff & Michael Brockers' Return to L.A.
- Rams RB Cam Akers Making Strides of Improvement in Recent Rehab Update