The Los Angeles Rams are in need of adding depth to their wide receiver group and the former pass-catcher of the team, Josh Reynolds, was waived by the Titans on Tuesday, indicating he could be a potential option for the team to pursue via waivers.
However, the Rams sat No. 29 in the waiver order, meaning an abundance of teams would have to pass on claiming him in order for L.A. to have an opportunity of bringing him abroad.
On Wednesday, Reynolds was claimed by the Detroit Lions, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.
Reynolds will now join a Lions team with quarterback Jared Goff at the helm, who he caught passes from during his time in L.A. as a member of the Rams.
Reynolds also has familiarity with Lions general manager Brad Holmes, who served as the Rams’ director of college scouting when L.A. drafted him in 2017.
Rams at Buccaneers Divisional Round: 3 Bold Predictions
Here are three bold predictions ahead of the Rams at Buccaneers Wild Card Round matchup.
Rams at Buccaneers: Divisional Round Prediction and Picks
Which team holds the edge? We give our predictions ahead of the Rams at Buccaneers Divisional Round matchup.
Rams' Final Injury Report for Divisional Round at Buccaneers
The Rams have released its Friday injury report ahead of the Divisional Round matchup against the Buccaneers.
The Lions will play Reynolds the remaining salary on his initial contract that he signed with the Titans last offseason that totals $500,000.
Reynolds' best season catching passes from Goff came last year when he hauled in 52 grabs for 618 yards and two touchdowns.
More from Ram Digest:
- Los Angeles Rams' 2021 Midseason Awards
- Rams Sign DB Antoine Brooks to Active Roster, DE Jonah Williams to Practice Squad
- Why the Rams Should Consider Pursuing WR Josh Reynolds Following Release From Titans
- SI Power Rankings: Where do the Rams sit in Week 10?
- Sean McVay Provides Update on Matthew Stafford's Ankle
- Rams WR Jacob Harris Suffers Season-Ending ACL and MCL Injury
- Rams at 49ers Opening Odds: Point Spread, Over/Under, Moneyline
- Cooper Kupp Achieves Milestone Last Set by Jerry Rice
- Sean McVay on if He'd Kick the Tires on Odell Beckham Jr.: 'I Would Never Say Never'