Ravens Take Over No. 1 Spot in Various NFL Power Rankings
The Ravens took down the winless Cincinnati Bengals 49-13 in Week 10, which helped them rise to the top spot in several NFL Power Rankings.
Here's the round-up:
- The Ravens catapulted to No. 1 in the CBS Sports Poll produced by Pete Prisco. "They continue to roll up big numbers on offense and the defense is improving by the week. This team is a legitimate contender," Prisco wrote.
- Baltimore also rose two spots to No. 1 in the USA Today poll compiled by Nate Davis. "NFL's most explosive offense deserves its accolades. But ascending defense is first to record TDs of 65-plus yards in three straight games since 1970 merger," he wrote.
- Touchdown Wire increased the Ravens ranking from No. 3 to No. 1. Doug Farrar said Jackson's ability to run and throw make Baltimore a tough matchup for any opponent. "There are all kinds of reasons the Ravens are the new top team in these power rankings, and Jackson is the primary," he wrote.
- Baltimore jumped four more spots in the ESPN poll to No. 3, behind the Patriots and 49ers. "A win over the Texans could prove huge for a Ravens team looking to secure a first-round bye for first time since 2011," beat writer Jamison Hensley wrote.
- The New York Post has the Ravens at No. 4 behind two teams they already defeated -- the Patriots and Seahawks. "Baltimore also is facing a daunting four-game segment against the Texans, Rams, 49ers and Bills," Peter Botte. reasoned.