The Saints are already dealing with several key injuries, and have another on their hands with rookie defensive end Payton Turner going to injured reserve on Thursday.
The good news is that New Orleans can keep things going in the pass-rushing department, assuming Carl Granderson is healthy and available after missing last game with a shoulder injury. Turner has appeared in five games for the Saints in 2021, missing the season opener and playing from Weeks 2-5 before missing the next two games against Seattle and Tampa.
Turner returned to action against the Falcons after dealing with a calf injury and appeared to have injured himself while making a tackle. While he kept playing, he popped up on the injury report with a shoulder injury.
Getting back Nick Vannett should help the offense, as he should make his season debut against the Titans. He is known more for his run-blocking abilities, but was going to see more action in the passing game in New Orleans.
Read More Saints News
- Reasons Why OBJ 'Would and Would Not' Sign with the Saints?
- Saints Waive Chase Hansen, Work Out Three Running Backs
- Why the Saints Should Sign Free-Agent WR Josh Reynolds
- Watch: Jameis Winston's Hilarious Entrance on Crutches!
- Saints Run Defense vs. Titans Rushing Attack
- Week 9 Saints Snap Counts and Observations
- Odell Beckham Jr. Watch for the Saints
- Falcons Survive Saints Comeback
- 3 Questions From the Saints Loss to the Atlanta Falcons
- Questions for the Saints After Losing to the Falcons
- Saints Must Solve Inconsistency Problem
- Saints Comeback Falls Short Against Falcons