You always find gems after the NFL's Trade Deadline has passed, and Sunday morning brought us one concerning the Saints and a familiar face. According to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, New Orleans asked the Denver Broncos about Teddy Bridgewater, a player the team was undoubtedly familiar with.
Pelissero said, "The Broncos also had increase about quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, including from the Saints, who just lost Jameis Winston for the season."
He added that Denver never considered trading Bridgewater, as he's their starter for a team looking to make a playoff push. Although, that didn't stop them from trading Von Miller to the Rams for nice compensation.
Bridgewater went 5-0 for the Saints when he filled in for Drew Brees after being hurt in just the second game of the season in 2019. He performed well and was a big fan favorite in New Orleans. The team will roll with Trevor Siemian as their starter, with Taysom Hill expected to play and see action after returning from a bad concussion injury from Week 5.
Falcons-Saints Coverage From the Week
- Saints to start Trevor Siemian
- Week 9: Saints Friday Injury Report
- A Closer Look at Saints QB Trevor Siemian
- Saints QB Trevor Siemian Expected to Start Against Falcons, Per Report
- Saints Rushing Attack vs. Falcons Run Defense
- Saints Defense vs. Falcons Offense Preview
- Falcons vs. Saints - What to Watch For
- Falcons vs. Saints - Week 9 Quick Preview
- Do the Saints Have Enough 'Juice' to Sign OBJ?
- Rich Eisen: 'What About New Orleans?' for Odell Beckham Jr.
- Saints Lose All-Pro WR Michael Thomas for 2021
- First Look: Falcons vs. Saints
- Philip Rivers Would Listen If Saints Called
- Blake Gillikin is NFC Special Teams Player of October
- BLEAV in Saints: Halloween Win Over Bucs, Falcons On Deck
- PODCAST: Who Dat Discussion Episode 283 - Michael Thomas to Miss All of 2021 Season