(EDITOR'S NOTE: To access the Ty Law interview, fast-forward to 25:00 of the attachment above)

Twenty-four years ago this summer, the bust of former running back O.J. Simpson disappeared from the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

OK, it was stolen.

It happened on July 23, 1995, during the height of the Simpson murder trial and while construction for Enshrinement Week was going on in Canton. Apparently, a visitor to the museum walked in, picked up the 35-pound bust of Simpson and walked out just before the building closed.

To this day, the thief hasn’t been identified or apprehended. But the next day the bust was discovered 50 miles away at the East 30th Street off-ramp on I-77 southbound. It was returned immediately and resides in the Hall today.

“Did that really happen?” 2019 inductee Ty Law asked on the latest Talk of Fame Network broadcast.

True story.

“Wow,” he said. “Man, you would think that security is better than that.”

Well, it wasn’t. At least not then.

So how, Law was jokingly asked, is he going to keep angry Colts’ fans from stealing his bust and leaving it alongside a highway? Because it was Law who shut down Hall-of-Fame receiver Marvin Harrison and so flummoxed the Colts with his physical play in the 2003 playoffs that the NFL had to reinforce the 5-yard no-contact rule.

Or what is now called the Ty Law rule.

So how does Law plan on protecting his bust from irate Indianapolis fans who wanted their star receiver … and their team … protected from him?

“You know what,” he said, laughing, “that’s up to those guys in the Hall of Fame. They better have some cameras around there or something. They need to put it behind some glass, lock it up, put an alarm on it or a tracking device. I don’t know.”

What he does know is that there’s only one bronzed bust of him, and it will rest in Canton -- where, it should be noted, busts are now bolted down. Law said he'll have a replica at home, but it won’t be in bronze. It will be in plastic. Nevertheless, he promised to protect it as if it were the original.

“I‘m going to protect my little plastic one to the death,” he said. “You know what I mean? My little plastic one, I’m going to have that thing behind glass … behind lock-and-key … finger-print security … rental security. I’m going to have mine on lock.”

Law last week was in Utah to sit one day for sculptor Ben Hammond -- a session so long, he said, it felt like “sitting through a month’s worth of haircuts in one sitting.” Nevertheless, he had no complaints. And while he hasn’t seen the finished product, he liked what he saw.

“Hats off to Ben Hammond,” he said. “We’re off in the right direction as far as where we started and where we finished. I was very pleased with that.”

Follow on Twitter @ClarkJudgeTOF