Here are some notes from Tuesday's Houston Texans OTAs.
- The big news was that UDFA Dwight Jones left the team because he doesn't want to play football anymore. The Texans still have yet to confirm that Jones has left the team, and Head Coach Gary Kubiak said they were still going to talk to Jones about the situation. With all of the news flying around it seems like Jones has quit the Texans.
- Hebron Fangupo who sprained his MCL last week on the first day of OTAs, was riding the bike at the end of last week. On Tuesday, Fangupo was running on the side field working and moving once again, something to keep an eye out for the coming weeks.
- DeVeir Posey took snaps with the first team offense as the #3 wide receiver and seems that he is catching on to the new offense.
-Lestar Jean seems to be a talk of OTAs early and is constantly talking to Andre Johnson about what he needs to do as a wide receiver. Jean is taking to the offensive game plan well and looks to have an inside track to being an important piece to watch heading into training camp.
- T.J. Yates, John Beck and Case Keenum looked sharp heading into week 2 of OTAs. Beck has been nothing but steady when it comes to knowing the offense. Kubiak feels he can help Beck becoming a better quarterback. As for Keenum who struggled last week, he came out a new quarterback this week. According to Lance Zierlein, Keenum looks so much better throwing the ball and knowing the offense.
- Wade Phillips today interviewed with Houston Sports 790 and here are a few nuggets from the interview.
Wade Phillips likes Earl Mitchell and Shaun Cody at the NT. Expect them to get better with a year under his belt.
Bryan Braman's overall strength was an issue but called him RAW. Said he still needs time to develop.
Phillips said Shiloh Keo has lost 10-15 lbs. this offseason and looks better, also having a great start to OTAs.
Wade also said that the secondary should get just as much credit for the #Texans defensive success as the pass rush.
Bradie James is making checks in OTAs that they did not make at all last season , per Wade
Wade credits Vance Joseph on the work he did with Brice McCain, said he had a great year.
Wade Phillips said he will watch Hard Knocks to see if the #Dolphins are putting in anything new for week 1.
Danieal Manning will be used more in blitz packages according to Wade.