Houston Texans Continue to Shuffle Roster
Patrick D. Starr
The Houston Texans on Tuesday made a flurry of moves in effort to solidify their team. The biggest move was when the Texans acquired Derrick Mason from the New York Jets for a conditional 7th round pick late last night. The Texans did not stop there with their moves.
Also the Texans made the following moves.
1. Released David Anderson (WR)
2. Released Chris Ogbonnaya (RB)
3. Signed Thaddeus Gibson to the practice squad. (OLB)
4. Signed Juaquin Iglesias to the practice squad. (WR)
5. Promoted Jess Nading to the 53-man roster. (OLB)
6. Re-signed Trindon Holliday to the 53-man roster. (KR/WR)
With these moves Iglesias and Gibson were brought in to provide depth at their respective positions on the practice squad. Expect, Gibson to get the call up to the 53-man roster after a couple of weeks on the practice squad with the thin depth at the outside linebacker position.
Also, bringing back Holliday, shows the Texans desperate need for some spark on the return game. Expect Danieal Manning and Jacoby Jones to concentrate on their respective positions, and focus on keeping them healthy.
The Texans are in win now mode and making these moves proves the they are on a mission to win the AFC South and make their first playoff appearance.