With the 136th overall pick in the NFL Draft, the Houston Texans selected Charlie Heck out of North Carolina. Charlie Heck is a monster up front that has a very unique technique and special skills.
Heck is an athletic specimen as he is 6 foot 8 inches, 311 pounds, and has an arm length of 34 inches and ⅛ inches.
Six Things to Know about Texans Charlie Heck
- Charlie Heck’s father is currently an offensive line coach for Kansas City and who played on the 1988 Notre Dame National Championship Football Team.
- Charlie Heck’s brother Jon Heck was also a starting right tackle for UNC for all four years.
- Charlie Heck was an honor roll student in high school who was ranked as the 14th ranked recruit in Missouri
- In high school, Heck played a variety of position, including tight end, offensive tackle and defensive end
- As a recruit out of high school, Heck didn’t even have an account on 247Sports (a comprehensive recruiting website) showing that Heck wasn’t even highly recruited out of high school
- Heck only missed one game in college due to a hand injury.
You can Subscribe to the State of the Texans Podcast on the following platforms.