The Texans came out and handled the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday to open the 2011 season with a 1-0 record. Here at the State of the Texans, each week we are going to give our SOTT Bull Award for the week for the Texans. Without further ado...
Offense (decending order)
3. Jacoby Jones- With his three catches for 43 yards and 79 yard punt return for a touchdown, Jones filled in admirably for the injured Kevin Walter.
2. Offensive Line- The offensive line dominated the Colts defensive line, with 26 total first downs and 384 total offensive yards. The offensive line of Duane Brown, Mike Brisiel, Chris Myers, Wade Smith and Eric Winston, they proved again why they are one of the top units in the NFL.
1. Andre Johnson- The "Natural" proved why he is the best receiver in the game, Johnson had 7 catches for 95 yards and a touchdown. Johnson creates headaches for opposing defenses and continues to put numbers up for the Texans.
Defense (decending order)
3. Brian Cushing- All over the field and making plays sideline to sideline Cushing proved his speed is back and he is set to thrive in his new position. With 7 total tackles, Cushing proved why he will be an important piece in the Texans defense in 2011.
2. J.J. Watt- Watt led the team with 5 solo tackles from the defensive end position and was in the Colts backfield a lot on Sunday. He even recovered a fumble on an Antonio Smith sack in the first quarter. Not a bad debut.
1. Mario Williams- With two sacks and a forced fumble, Williams showed he is back in 2011. It was his first 2 sack game since week 11 against the New York Jets in 2010 and his 12th career 2 or more sacks in a game. Williams will look into continuing his success into week 2.