The Washington Redskins have been doing a superb job stifling the offensive attack of the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday, holding Jimmy Garoppolo and company to just five passing yards in the first half. That total was the lowest since allowing -7 yards to the Dallas Cowboys way back in 1996. Things will become much more difficult if free safety Montae Nicholson isn't able to continue.
San Francisco made their way to Washington's side of the field during the opening drive of the third quarter in a 0-0 game, when Nicholson came up lame.
The injury appears to be serious as Nicholson was loaded onto the injury cart to be taken into the locker room. Nicholson was named the starter out of training camp and has started all seven games this season.
Troy Apke is in to replace him.
Update: The Redskins stopped the 49ers, forcing a fourth-and-five. Garoppolo tried to loft a ball to Dante Pettis over the top of Fabien Moreau, but Apke closed quickly, leapt in the air and got the pick, the first turnover of the game.
It's Apke's first career interception.
- Final Week 7 pre-game Press Conferences (link)
- Final Injury Report: RB Craig Reynolds promoted to 53-man roster (link)
- Advanced Stats Captures Week 6 failures, Week 7 hopes in NFC East (link)
- Week 7 Advanced Stat Preview: Win Probability, Target Depth, Success Rates (link)
- Landon Collins named NFC Defensive Player of the Week (link)
- Week 7 EPA Power Rankings (link)
- How to Watch, Live Stream, Wager on Week 7 (link)
- Week 7 Live Blog: Game Updates (link