Ranking the NHL's 14 best goalies, a unique twist on the 2015 Winter Classic, more must-read hockey stories.
An annotated guide to today's must-read hockey stories:
• Who's at the top of NHL.com's list of the 14 best goaltenders in the league? It's not 2014 Vezina Trophy winner Tuukka Rask. However, the B's keeper does rate as the best for fantasy leaguers.
• Now that the 2015 Winter Classic finally has a home, Chuck Gormley ponders the possibilities for giving the game a uniquely Washington twist. Might we recommend a Minor Threat/Bad Brains pregame double bill?
• Gotta love the Dallas Morning News for having the courage to post video of Mike Modano being fitted for his Hall of Fame jacket. They also squeeze in a quick interview with Mo that includes some intriguing thoughts on what's ahead this season for Tyler Seguin.
• Sportsnet reposted this award-winning story on the KHL's Lokomotiv Yaroslavl tragedy. Even if you read the piece when it first appeared back in 2011, it's well worth another look.
• On Friday, it looked as though troubled free agent Ryan Malone would return to the Penguins on a tryout basis. Today, the Rangers look like they could be the front-runners for his services. Even with his legal troubles (mostly) cleared up, it's hard to see how Malone makes any other team better. Heavy legs and heavy hands make for a bad combo in the go-go NHL.
• If the three Reinhart brothers end up sticking in the NHL next season, they'll need to keep mom's rule in mind.