Latest news from the NFL off-season and more.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The NFL draft is just two days away and the rumor mill continues to churn. While Tom Brady and the reinstatement his four-game suspension was the main topic on Monday, there are plenty of other notable storylines pertaining to the draft.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Sam Bradford’s agent made his client’s desires clear on Monday, telling Sirius XM that Bradford wants “to go someplace where he’s the man.” The quarterback has requested a trade from the Philadelphia Eagles after they acquired the No. 2 pick in the draft, which they will presumably use to select a quarterback.
• One team that has already reached out to the Eagles about Bradford is the Denver Broncos. But according to Mike Klis of 9 News in Denver, the Eagles’ asking price was too high.
• Former Buffalo Bills and Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Williams is back in the NFL. After taking a year off, Williams has signed a one-year deal with Kansas City Chiefs, reports the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
• Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told the Dallas Morning News that the team will “most likely” retain the No. 4 pick rather than trade it.
• Cowboys cornerback Brandon Carr has agreed to take a pay cut, according to ESPN. Carr’s base salary will go from $9.1 million to $4.25 million. He’ll also get a $1 million roster bonus and up to $750,000 in incentives.
• The contract extension talks between Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints are “ongoing,” Brees told NFL.com. The Saints star quarterback has just one year left on his current contract.
• West Virginia safety Karl Joseph is expected to be a first-round pick in this year's draft, despite being pegged as a second-rounder by many mock drafts, Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio reports.