Top Line: Torres answers for Hossa hit, Kessel finally scores, more links
By Allan Muir
A guide to this morning's must-read hockey stories:
• "That was awesome," said Patrick Kane of Jamal Mayers' revenge bout with Raffi Torres "That one gave me chills. He pumped up everyone on the bench and got everyone going." Suitably pumped, Kane scored twice to lead the Blackhawks to a decisive 6-2 win over Phoenix.
• So that's why Kane is off to such a good start.
• It was 314 days -- 314 days! -- between goals 99 and 100 as a Leaf, but Phil Kessel finally got the Sasquatch off his back in Toronto's 3-2 win over the Jets. What will Toronto scribes write about now?
• One more take on Thursday's shocking Tim Thomas trade.
• The learning curve continues for Minnesota's Mikael Granlund. The all-world prospect watched from the press box as the listless Wild were dumped, 4-1, by the Canucks. And after that loss, he's not the only one whose job is in jeopardy.
• Rob Zombie is set to direct a movie about the 1974 Philadelphia Flyers, which is sort of like Ben Affleck doing a movie about the 1986 New York Mets.
• Here's a close-up look at Jonathan Bernier's new maskIt might be the backyard hockey rink.