Top Line: New GM for Blue Jackets, ex-Flame slags Iginla, more links
By Allan Muir
A guide to this morning's must-read hockey stories:
• John Davidson's former right hand man in St. Louis is expected to be named the new GM of the Jackets today. Before we bury Scott Howson, here's the reaction from Columbus and proof that not every one of his moves involved trading superstars for bags of pucks.
• Nina Falcone breaks down Brandon Saad's controversial goal from the Chicago perspective.
• Craig Anderson put on another clinic, making 42 saves in a 2-0 shutout of the Sabres. Meanwhile, Daniel Alfredsson thinks the answer to Ottawa's scoring woes is right there in the room. What, did they kidnap Thomas Vanek after the game?
• This early-season slump might be exactly what the Blues need to sharpen their focus. They just have to listen to Hitch.
• Minnesota's loss served as a reminder that we shouldn't expect 18- and 19-year-olds to perform as polished professionals on a nightly basis.
• Zach Boychuk was a first-round pick of Carolina in 2008. Thinks haven't gone too well for him since then. See what he has to say about the process of being put on waivers. Pretty interesting insight.
• Watch this sweet hat trick from top prospect Jonathan Drouin and weep for the team that picks fourth in this summer's draft.
• Windsor officially threw its hat in the ring to host the 2014 Memorial Cup. Love to see it, but good luck beating out London with the CHL smarting over Saskatoon.
• Here's a Valentine's Week love letter to the CCHA, soon to be no more.detailing the woes of the Avalanche not