By Allan Muir
A guide to this morning's must-read hockey stories:
• Here's a radio interview with O'Reilly conducted right after Colorado matched.
• Watch DiPietro's comments for yourself. Does he sound like he's being facetious when he talks about driving his car off a bridge? Not so much...
• Chicago's season-opening point streak hit 20 games with a 3-0 win over the Blues, but the Hawks lost starter Corey Crawford to an upper-body injury. A bigger concern: they continue to take a rash of third-period penalties. It's going to catch up to them.
• This is what Evgeni Malkin can do when he's hurt. Oh yeah, I could totally do that, too.
• USA Today has the latest 2013 draft update from The Red Line Report.
• "One day in the summer, we were playing golf in Halifax. We were the first ones out, just get up and hit it. [Gordie] shoots 68. Lou Boudreau told me he watched Gordie hit baseballs in Tiger Stadium and tried to sign him to a contract with the Indians. So I said: ‘Gordie, you’re the greatest hockey player of all time, you just shot 68 and you could have played major league baseball. It doesn’t seem fair.’ He said, 'You should see me bowl.'"
• Any list of the NHL's top GMs has to include Boston's Peter Chiarelli.Henrik Lundqvist Casual Friday