Top Line: Trade deadline scuttlebutt, Islanders are for real, more links
By Allan Muir
A abbreviated trade deadline day guide to this morning's must-read hockey stories:
• A big splash at the trade deadline is no guarantee of playoff success.
• Could Calgary GM Jay Feaster have another deal up his sleeve before the deadline?
• Who might be on the trade block in Edmonton?
• With that long-awaited chance at the postseason within their grasp, don't look for the Isles to trade captain Mark Streit, even if they can't get his contract extended before the deadline.
• History extended an invitation to the Penguins. The Pens chose to wash their hair. Or something. Clearly they weren't interested in competing against the Sabres hard enough to extend their 15-game winning streak.
• They're asking the same question in Vancouver about the acquisition of Derek Roy.
• The Jets might want to give Trouba a look with the big club. They need an injection of passion after dropping their fourth game in a row.as thrilling as expected