By Allan Muir
An annotated guide to this morning's must-read hockey stories:
• Sidney Crosby is out of the hospital and on his way to recovery. He stopped by the Pens' practice on Thursday where Coach Dan Bylsma was hoping the time on ice would help acclimate the team's new players to Pittsburgh's system.
• New details emerged on the Roberto Luongo-to-the-Leafs trade talk...and they ain't pretty...
• Zack Kassian is back with the Canucks after being sent to the AHL for a behavior timeout. So, apparently hanging out at the bars with your buds is frowned on when you're supposed to be rehabbing a back injury.
• Ben Bishop was dazzling in his debut with the Lightning, stopping 45 shots for his second career shutout. That sound you hear emanating from up north is thousands of Senators fans, gently rocking themselves and repeating, "Robin Lehner is the future....Robin Lehner is the future..."
• No one knows why there's a WWE belt hanging in Marian Gaborik's locker, but no one was asking after his stellar debut with the Blue Jackets. The 4-1 win was Columbus' first regulation victory in Nashville in seven years.
• Montreal GM Marc Bergevin took some heat for a quiet trade deadline, but he'd already made his big deal when he acquired Michael Ryder. The streaky winger kept up his sizzling pace, scoring two more Thursday night to power the Habs over the Jets. That's s nine goals in 11 games for the sniper.
• With the season lost in Calgary, they're starting to cheer for losses with all eyes on the draft.
• It's been 17 years since Daniel Alredsson won the Calder, but the Ottawa Senators now boast five rookies who merit consideration for the trophy.but it is funny.