By Allan Muir
An annotated guide to this morning's must-read hockey stories:
• Everyone always says they want to get off to a good start in a road playoff game. I guess this is what they're talking about.
• Honestly, I thought if the Bruins were going to win this series, Tuukka Rask would have to be the first star four times. Safe to say last night disproved that theory.
• A big part of Boston's future showed up last night, even if most of the team didn't know it.
• Even the media in Pittsburgh is getting frustrated by the Bruins.
• Dan Bylsma faces the biggest decision of his coaching career ahead of Game 3. Pick the wrong starting goaltender and this could be all over but the crying.
• Are the Bruins this good, or are the Penguins this bad?
• The Kings may be on a 14-game winning streak at home, but the Hawks head to Staples with this in their back pocket.
• This Blackhawk can't find the back of the net. But no one is complaining.
• Remember this name, Chicago fans: Antti Raanta.
• Mandatory visor usage, hybrid icing and more changes to goalie equipment will be on the table today as the NHL's Competition Committee meets for the first time with several new members.
• Dallas Eakins seems to be on the short list of every GM who is looking to hire a new head coach. Surprisingly, he might be an even better fit for one team that's not in that market.
• So, now we know who was at fault for Montreal's late-season collapse. Or, at least, we know who is taking the blame.
• As many as 10 teams could be in the market for a new No. 1 goalie through free agency or trades this summer.
• The Blackhawks and Penguins may not meet in the Cup Final, but their top prospects will face off against the finest from Ottawa and Toronto in a rookie tournament this summer.make something incredible happen.